Vastu for Student
Vastu can be beneficial for enhancing the education luck and concentration in students. Vastu solutions can be utilized to enable your children to score well and concentrate on their studies.
1. The study room should be located in the East, the North or the North East of the house.
2. Sit for studying and learning in the East as it aids concentration
3. Make sure that the study does not have a toilet on the floor above or below and that your children are not studying sitting under a beam. If they are, either shift them or install an up lighter there.
4. Make sure that there is no mirror reflecting their books while they study. This can double their workload hence creating a lot of pressure on them.
5. Since pillars, columns, sharp pointed edges of furniture, open shelves etc act as obstructions and deterrents to good concentration, make sure that the children are not getting affected by any of these.
6. Do not keep the study table against a wall.
7. There should be open space in front of the child to encourage fresh ideas and approach. The child should have a solid wall behind him/her, as it signifies support.
8. Place a painting or poster of a mountain behind to add support whose peaks are not spiked or pointed.
9. Ensure that the study table is not cluttered with heaps of books piled on it. The table and chair should also be neat and clean.
10. A revolving chair is not a good idea, a four legged wooden chair is best.
11. Adequate amount of sunlight or natural light is a must. While studying the shadow of the child should not fall on the books.
12. A study lamp should be used to energize luck in education and focus on studies.
13. The light should be bright but not too harsh on the eyes.
14. Children's room should be vibrant and cheerful, avoid too much of black in this room.
Playing inspirational and soothing music in the children's room is very effective as studies and music goes together.
15. Play Gayatri chants early morning to energize living spaces.
16. Ensure that your child sleeps with his/her head towards the East.
Place an inspirational picture in the child's room. The picture could be that of a galloping horse, a rising Sun or of the goddess of knowledge, Saraswati.
17. Place an energized Saraswati Yantra near your child's bedside or study table.
18. Hang framed certificates or display trophies etc won by the child on the South wall.
To stimulate memory, children can be encouraged to do deep breathing exercises for 10-15 minutes, wash their face, hands and feet and chant "Om Aaing" eleven times before beginning their studies.